Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday's Free-For-All


1.414: every quilter’s magic number


I received this most interesting and informative article from Martingale Publishing in my inbox today.  It answers questions on how to calculate 
  • the cutting measurements for corner- and side-setting  triangles when the blocks in a quilt have been placed on the diagonal or on point.
  • the width and length of the quilt center in which blocks have been placed on point or on the diagonal.    
It's written in such simple language and explained so well that even I can understand the concepts.  In fact, I found it to be interesting enough to want to share it with all the quilters out there for whom this geometric concept is a mystery.

Hope you find it as interesting a read as I did.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from all of you, so please feel free to leave a comment.

If you have a question I'll reply to your comment. If you prefer an email response, please mention that and make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I won't be able to e-mail you back.

Please note that any and all comments posted by 'Anonymous' persons are deleted without exception as a means of nuisance abatement.

Thanks so much for reading and commenting on this post.

Chumkie.