Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Sunshine & Shadows

This quilt was started in March 1991 and finished in September 1994.
Here is the queen-size quilt I made in that first class. 
The pattern is called Sunshine and Shadows. 
The squares adjacent to the white squares have some red in them,
which the camera didn't pick up, so it isn't completely monochromatic. 
It took 4 weeks to complete the top.
Son #2 has this quilt. 
I took a follow-up class to learn how to assemble and pin the three layers, and another class in hand-quilting.  I initially started out machine quilting it, but since I was working with an old, old sewing machine which didn't have a walking foot, I gave that up in a hurry! 
It took me 3 years to complete hand-quilting this quilt!
There was enough material on the back of the quilt which allowed me to fold it over to the front to simulate binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from all of you, so please feel free to leave a comment.

If you have a question I'll reply to your comment. If you prefer an email response, please mention that and make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I won't be able to e-mail you back.

Please note that any and all comments posted by 'Anonymous' persons are deleted without exception as a means of nuisance abatement.

Thanks so much for reading and commenting on this post.

Chumkie.